Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sunday Brunch at the Baker Street Cafe (Review)

My daily breakfast normally consists of cottage cheese or boiled eggs and green tea, but when I heard about the deliciousness that is the Baker Street Cafe, I knew I needed to satisfy my palette immediately. I rounded up my gal pals for a Sunday Brunch experience in the heart of Westboro. Thankfully it was a nice sunny day because our 15 minute wait outside the restaurant would have made us reconsider our choice on an otherwise gloomy day. The mini chocolate chip muffins that were served to us during our wait was the first of many special touches that made this restaurant a cut above other breakfast diners. The first view inside the restaurant was of a glass display of enormous cinnamon buns that looked freshly baked and equally 
delicious.
Decadent cinnamon buns  

We were seated in a cozy corner on bum-sinking couches right next to the open kitchen and served coffee, tea and freshly squeezed orange juice within minutes. The menu's eclectic mix of eggs, pancakes, cinnamon buns, and triple-decker sandwiches could have been overwhelming, but I was immediately drawn towards the Cinnamon Raisin French Toast and the Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict. Luckily one of my dining partners was privy to my exact thoughts so we decided to share the two choices. Our plates arrived looking aesthetically pleasing and tasty with a mound of perfectly fresh cut fruit. The Hollandaise sauce on the Eggs Benedict was light and tasty and equally delicious were the home fries topped with fried onions and green peppers. The Cinnamon Raisin French Toast was as palette pleasing as I could have imagined and I found myself wanting to order another plate when I had devoured the last bite. 

 Cinnamon Raisin French Toast with Fresh Fruit 

Verdict: Exceeded Expectations 

Cost: Cinnamon Raisin French Toast with Fresh Fruit, $15.99 

Hours: Monday - Friday - 7am-2:30pm (Breakfast and Lunch) Saturdays and Sundays - 7:30am-3pm (Breakfast) 

Baker Street Cafe, 385 Richmond Road, Ottawa, ON. 

1 comment:

  1. Your review of the Baker Street Cafe sounds great. I've been looking for a new option and this sounds like it will fit the bill!

    Look forward to more reviews on little nooks and crannies and "outside the core areas" establishments!

    and, tried and true, recipes, recipes, recipes...

    Thanks! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete