Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mexican Food Made from the Heart at Corazon de Maiz (Review)


I've been on a recent Mexican food kick for the past couple of weeks, and when my friend and co-worker told me about this fabulous new Mexican cafe in the By Ward Market, I knew I had to try it out. Corazon de Maiz is located in the heart of the By Ward Market among the other dozen or so food cafes that entice tourists and locals alike and boasts a rather extensive menu of fresh, authentic and healthy Mexican food; not to mention very budget friendly.

Beef Tacos 
It was difficult to decide what to get, but the Beef Soft Tacos quickly caught my eye. They were dressed with fresh marinated beef, re-fried black beans, their homemade pico de gallo (salsa) and fresh guacamole on the side. The soft taco shells were perfectly warmed and complemented the fresh taste of the ingredients inside. Other items on the menu include chicken tacos, tortilla soup, burritos, nachos and quesadillas, among others.

Not only is the food fresh and delicious, but the owners made my experience that much more enjoyable with their friendly and knowledgeable demeanour.


Verdict: Authentic, fresh and delicious.


Cost: Tacos - $3 each, or 3 for $7.50

Hours: Open for Lunch 


Corazon de Maiz, 55 Byward Market Square, Ottawa, ON. 

1 comment: