For the base:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of Kahlua (or substitute 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules
For the layering:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, whipped with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of chocolate cookie crumbs
For the garnish
- Fresh berries
- Chocolate shavings or extra cookie crumbs
1. Combine 1 cup of whipping cream and 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl and whip with hand or stand mixer until mixture creates stiff peaks. Do not over mix.
2. In a separate bowl combine ricotta cheese, cocoa powder, Kahlua or vanilla and instant coffee granules. Mix until blended. Add cheese mixture to bowl with whipping cream; gently fold in until there are no streaks.
3. Transfer to dessert glasses, alternating with whipping cream and cookie crumbs. garnish with berries and chocolate shavings or cookie crumbs.
This recipe can be made in advance and kept in the fridge up to one day before serving.
Yields: Approximately 6 servings in the martini glasses
Verdict: Easy and richly delicious. Highly recommended for the beginner baker.
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes total